The Spirituality of Age with Bob Weber and Carol Orsborn
As we enter the years beyond midlife, our quest for an approach to aging takes on added urgency and becomes even more relevant in our daily lives. Empowering a new generation of seekers to view aging as a spiritual path, authors Robert Weber and Carol Orsborn reveal that by engaging with the difficult questions about loss, meaning, and mortality — questions, we can no longer put off or ignore –that we continue to grow. In fact, the realization of our full spiritual potential comes about not by avoiding the challenges aging brings our way but by working through them.
In this episode, you'll discover:
- The spiritual path is wide, and the spiritual tent is very large. If religion assists your spiritual growth in aging, be grateful. If you are spiritual but not religious, be grateful and continue to seek the path of spiritual opportunities inherent in your aging.
- You, readers and listeners, are invited to grapple with the same 25 questions as the authors and to “live the questions” until you live your way through to your own answer, hopefully, encouraged by Bob and Carol's conversational and candid style, their insightful and compassionate guidance, and their anecdotes, inspirational readings, and spiritual exercises.
- Grow whole and resilient, learning not only learn to cope–but also to soar – by engaging deeply with both the shadow and light sides of your own aging experience and by discovering that the spiritual opportunities of your life occur, not in spite of, but because of what you are facing and living.
About Bob Weber:
Recipient of the American Society on Aging's 2014 Religion, Spirituality, and Aging Award, Robert L. Weber, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of Psychology, part-time at Harvard Medical School and a former Jesuit. He also serves as a Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Psychiatry faculty member. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he has a psychological practice.
About Carol Orsborn:
Carol Orsborn, Ph.D., is the founder and editor-in-chief of Fierce with Age: The Digest of Boomer Wisdom, Inspiration, and Spirituality. The author of more than 20 books for and about the Boomer generation and popular blogs on Huffington Post, PBS's NextAvenue.net, and BeliefNet.com, Carol has a doctorate in the History and Criticism of Religion served on the faculties of Georgetown University and Loyola Marymount University. She lives in Madison, Tennessee.
Get in touch with Bob Weber and Carol Orsborn:
What to do next:
- Click to grab our free guide, 10 Key Issues to Consider as You Explore Your Retirement Transition
- Please leave a review at Apple Podcasts.
- Join our Revolutionize Your Retirement group on Facebook.