The Many Faces of Retirement with Dorian Mintzer and Dr. George Schofield
Which is changing faster, the chicken or the egg? It isn't a question of which came first anymore. Or which goes next. It's the question of being able to keep up with both simultaneously in a world of continuous and discontinuous change.
In today's episode, you will discover:
- an overview of the history of retirement
- the context and environment in which we are experiencing and trying to plan retirement
- how to identify the tangible assets we're going to have to develop and maintain beyond our finances
- some predictions that may surprise you about the importance of extended work and education in our lives
- specific recommendations for the next steps our audience should consider and take
- Retirement isn't “mono” anything anymore. Nor are there fixed, identical steps for all of us to take that will guarantee success.
About Dr. George Schofield:
As a Developmental Psychologist, George Schofield has long been interested in the period beginning at age 50 as a developmental ramp for our later quality of life. His research and writing have led to a significant body of popular publications. His groundbreaking book, After 50 It's Up to Us, Developing The Skills And Agility We'll Need, eloquently explains why and how we all must face, head-on, the new realities that await us as we age. His latest book is, How Do I Get There From Here? Planning For Retirement When The Old Rules No Longer Apply.
His educational credentials include a BA in Business, an MA in Counseling/ Rehabilitation, an MA in Adult Learning/Human and Organizational Development, and a Ph.D. in Human and Organizational Development.
George is also an Organizational Psychologist and practicing entrepreneur. He is the Founding Principal of The Clarity Group, LLC, a consultancy that helps businesses succeed in the 21st century and individuals and couples create new and accelerated professional lives. He has been an adjunct faculty member in the College of Education and an adjunct faculty appointment for the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of South Florida Sarasota- Manatee.
A native of Seattle, George is based in Lakewood Ranch, near Sarasota and Bradenton, Florida.
Get in touch with Dr. George Schofield:
Visit George's website: http://georgeschofield.com/
Buy George's book: https://revolutionizeretirement.com/howdoigetthere
Download George's Handout: https://revolutionizeretirement.com/schofield
What to do next:
- Click to grab our free guide, 10 Key Issues to Consider as You Explore Your Retirement Transition
- Please leave a review at Apple Podcasts.
- Join our Revolutionize Your Retirement group on Facebook.