Positive Health and Well-Being for You and Your Patients with Dorian Mintzer and Dr. Tom Kottke
As those of us born in the Baby Boomer Generation are expected to live longer than our parents, there are a number of behaviors in which we can engage that make that life expectancy a joy rather than a burden. These include physical, emotional, and empathetic activities that will help Boomers flourish in their later years.
In this episode, participants will discover:
- Six behaviors that have a strong impact on healthy life expectancy (nutrition, physical activity, tobacco, alcohol, sleep, and healthy thinking)
- Six building blocks of well-being (emotional & mental, social & interpersonal, financial, career, physical, and community)
- Three behaviors that increase one's own well-being and well-being in others (reflections of gratitude, acts of kindness, expressions of thankfulness)
- Martin Seligman's 5 components of flourishing (positive emotion, engagement, positive relationships, meaning and purpose, and accomplishment.
About Dr. Tom Kottke:
Dr. Tom Kottke is a cardiologist and health services researcher in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis and St. Paul. After 17 years practicing at Mayo Clinic Rochester, he moved to HealthPartners, now Medical Director for Well-Being, while continuing to practice cardiology. Currently, his research and program development focuses on how individuals can increase their healthy life expectancy and increase their sense of well-being.
Get in touch with Dr. Tom Kottke:
Visit Tom's website: https://www.healthpartners.com/knowledgeexchange/display/person-Kottke-T-E
Download Tom's Handout: https://revolutionizeretirement.com/kottke
What to do next:
- Click to grab our free guide, 10 Key Issues to Consider as You Explore Your Retirement Transition
- Please leave a review at Apple Podcasts.
- Join our Revolutionize Your Retirement group on Facebook.