Live Long, Die Short: Authentic Health and Successful Aging with Dr. Roger Landry
Dr. Roger Landry, MD, MPH, is a retired, highly decorated full colonel, former chief flight surgeon at the Air Force Surgeon General's Office in Washington, and preventive medicine physician who has spent over a decade smashing stereotypes of aging and redefining the possibilities of older adulthood.
He has conducted extensive practical research on the influence of lifestyle on the aging process and compiled his findings in his book Live Long, Die Short: A Guide to Authentic Health and Successful Aging, which AARP has endorsed, was a top pick by MORE magazine, and received gold award honors by Living Now Book Awards.
During today's episode, Dr. Landry will be discussing:
- Ten empowering tips to age successfully
- Authentic health that we can rediscover from our ancestors
- The importance of staying socially, intellectually, physically, and spiritually engaged with life
- How to grow new brain tissue and make dementia less likely
- How to recognize and address personal risks that may limit health and independence
- How stress “rots us from within”
- How to never again fail at making healthy lifestyle changes
- Why our elders are part of the solution to society's challenges rather than the problem: a resource rather than a liability
- Changing public policy and how it will affect how we view and treat older adults
About Roger Landry:
Dr. Roger Landry is a preventive medicine physician, author of award-winning Live Long, Die Short: A Guide to Authentic Health and Successful Aging, and President of Masterpiece Living, a group of multi-discipline specialists in the field of aging who partner with organizations to assist them in becoming destinations for continued growth and Centers for Successful Aging. Trained at Tufts University School of Medicine and Harvard University School of Public Health, Dr. Landry specializes in building environments that empower older adults to maximize their unique potential. For well over a decade, Dr. Landry has focused his efforts on older adults as a lecturer, researcher, consultant, and author.
Get in touch with Roger Landry:
What to do next:
- Click to grab our free guide, 10 Key Issues to Consider as You Explore Your Retirement Transition
- Please leave a review at Apple Podcasts.
- Join our Revolutionize Your Retirement group on Facebook.