So often, family caregivers are overwhelmed, but they won't ask for or accept help. Discover tools and communication strategies to help caregivers get past their barriers and begin to ask for and accept help. The goal is to ensure that caregivers are supported so that the person they care for is also safe and secure. The other outcome of ensuring the caregiver is supported is that they can make better future decisions because they come from a place of strength instead of weakness.
In this program, you’ll discover:
- Viki's 4-Step Process for getting caregivers to ask for help.
- What is care-grieving, and how it may limit the caregiver's ability to ask for help
- How to help someone who is in denial or is overwhelmed by guilt to keep their balance through their caregiving journey
About Viki Kind:
Viki Kind is a clinical bioethicist, professional speaker, and hospice volunteer. Her award-winning book, The Caregiver's Path to Compassionate Decision Making: Making Choices For Those Who Can't, guides families and professionals who are making decisions for those who have lost capacity. Viki is known as “The People's Bioethicist” because she is a rare individual who bridges two worlds: the health care professional and the family struggling to make the right decision. She is an honorary board member of the Well Spouse Association and has been a caregiver to six family members for many years.
Get in touch with Viki Kind:
Buy Viki's book: https://revolutionizeretirement.com/kindbook
Visit Vicki's website: http://kindethics.com/
Access Viki's handout: https://revolutionizeretirement.com/kindethics
What to do next:
- Click to grab our free guide, 10 Key Issues to Consider as You Explore Your Retirement Transition
- Please leave a review at Apple Podcasts.
- Join our Revolutionize Your Retirement group on Facebook.